Monsanto Launches RRXtend Spray App
Today Monsanto announced the launch of a free mobile app to help growers and applicators successfully apply XtendiMax® Herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology.
The RRXtend Spray App is a grower- and applicator-focused digital tool that provides location-specific weather forecasts, digital record keeping capabilities and educational resources related to the Roundup Ready® Xtend Crop System. Growers and applicators can download the app for free on the Apple App Store® and on Google Play®.
Key Points for Monsanto's RRXtend Spray App
- Developing and launching the RRXtend Spray App was one of the cornerstones of our commitment to ensure that growers and applicators have the training, education and resources to have an even more successful 2018 season with the Roundup Ready Xtend® Crop System. We believe this app will be a tremendous resource for applicators, and we are pleased to put this convenient and easy-to-use tool in their hands.
- The RRXtend Spray App is designed to give growers and applicators the ability to create and retain application records and to help them successfully apply XtendiMax® herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology.
- The app provides field-level location specific 16-hour forecast (hour-by-hour) including inversion risk probability, wind speed and direction at approximately three feet above the ground; temperature; and relative humidity.
- The weather forecasts leverage both publicly available weather data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and unique models by Climate Corporation weather scientists to forecast weather conditions including the likelihood of an inversion occurring to help growers and applicators planning to spray XtendiMax herbicide with VaporGrip Technology.
- The RRXtend Spray App does not replace grower need to confirm compliant application conditions at the time of spray
- The RRXtend Spray App is available from Monsanto for free on the Apple App Store® and on Google Play®.
On-line Computer Based Training (CBT) for Dicamba is being Launched
- On-line CBT available at http://www.roundupreadyxtend.com/stewardship/education
- CBT ~45 min in length and will require trainee to answer quiz questions correctly before advancing through each module
- English & Spanish versions available
- We do not plan to actively promote the On-line CBT at this time to ensure our scheduled in-person trainings are well attended as this gives applicators the best opportunity to ask questions, Attendance at our ND, SD, and MN meeting have been very well attended with more meeting planned through March.
- Technical support call center will also be available starting in late March to address product related questions via 1-844-RRXTEND
- As of today, the following list of states have accepted the on-line CBT as meeting the mandatory dicamba training requirement:
- AZ, CO, DE, MD, MI, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, VA, WI, WV
- Completion certificate will only be issued in states that have accepted the CBT
- In states that do NOT currently recognize our On-line CBT as meeting the mandatory dicamba training, we still encourage applicators to take the CBT for education purposes
- Should additional states accept the CBT at a future date, the CBT will be updated to allow the issuance of a completion certificate
- updates to come when ND, SD, and MN at the time theses states would accept the CBT for training