October 22, 2018
Through Saturday, October 27th: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
October 19, 2018
Customer Loading Hours
October 16, 2018
Many trucks dump at PGA locations daily. If you open the gates or a PGA employee does, it is always easier & safer to open well maintained traps & gates. Please maintain your equipment & help the unload process run smoothly. Everyone appreciates your efforts.
October 5, 2018
Fall is in full swing, and you may be feeling the stress of the seemingly endless to-do list between field work, cattle work or other duties. Calves may experience a similar feeling of stress at this time of the year and while weaning, as they encounter some really big changes. Oftentimes, stressed calves have reduced feed intake and an increase in stress hormone levels. This can have a deleterious effect on the immune system, which may result in weight loss and sick calves.
September 7, 2018
Enhancing Soybean Storage Starts With Harvest Moisture
Harvest timing can have a huge impact on soybean shatter losses and storability. Field losses, splits, and cracked seed coats increase as moisture content decreases.
A moisture content of about 13% at harvest is optimal for mitigating mechanical damage.
August 27, 2018
We have an updated Price Later program effective August 27th. You can find it under the Grain tab & select 'Grain Policies & Programs'.
August 20, 2018
As of: 08/20/2018
Corn Soybean Wheat
Dec ’18 No Fee Nov ’18 No Fee Sept ’18 No Fee
Mar ’19 No Fee Jan ’19 No Fee Dec ’18 No Fee
May ’19 No Fee Mar ’19 No Fee Mar ’19 No Fee
July ’19 No Fee May ’19 No Fee May ’19 No Fee
Dec ’19-Sept ‘20 0.05 July ’19 No Fee July ‘19 No Fee
Dec ’20 forward 0.08 Nov ’19-Aug ’20 0.08 Sept ’19-July ’20 0.05
Nov ’20 forward 0.12 Sept ’20 forward 0.08
***Fees deducted from hedge***
August 8, 2018
Terminal Harvest Hours
Monday - Saturday ~ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday ~ Noon - 6:00 pm
***Subject to weather events!
July 23, 2018
The pros and cons of supplementing with distiller’s grains
With winter just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about protein and energy supplementation again. There are many advantages to supplementing your winter feeding program with distiller’s grains or products made with distiller’ grains; however, there are also some disadvantages that need to be considered before feeding decisions are made.
June 1, 2018
PGA has Rymin Rye Seed available for summer & fall planting of cover crop or grain.
February 27, 2018
Today Monsanto announced the launch of a free mobile app to help growers and applicators successfully apply XtendiMax® Herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology.
The RRXtend Spray App is a grower- and applicator-focused digital tool that provides location-specific weather forecasts, digital record keeping capabilities and educational resources related to the Roundup Ready® Xtend Crop System. Growers and applicators can download the app for free on the Apple App Store® and on Google Play®.
Key Points for Monsanto's RRXtend Spray App
- Developing and launching the RRXtend Spray App was one of the cornerstones of our commitment to ensure that growers and applicators have the training, education and resources to have an even more successful 2018 season with the Roundup Ready Xtend® Crop System. We believe this app will be a tremendous resource for applicators, and we are pleased to put this convenient and easy-to-use tool in their hands.
- The RRXtend Spray App is designed to give growers and applicators the ability to create and retain application records and to help them successfully apply XtendiMax® herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology.
- The app provides field-level location specific 16-hour forecast (hour-by-hour) including inversion risk probability, wind speed and direction at approximately three feet above the ground; temperature; and relative humidity.
- The weather forecasts leverage both publicly available weather data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and unique models by Climate Corporation weather scientists to forecast weather conditions including the likelihood of an inversion occurring to help growers and applicators planning to spray XtendiMax herbicide with VaporGrip Technology.
- The RRXtend Spray App does not replace grower need to confirm compliant application conditions at the time of spray
- The RRXtend Spray App is available from Monsanto for free on the Apple App Store® and on Google Play®.
On-line Computer Based Training (CBT) for Dicamba is being Launched
- On-line CBT available at http://www.roundupreadyxtend.com/stewardship/education
- CBT ~45 min in length and will require trainee to answer quiz questions correctly before advancing through each module
- English & Spanish versions available
- We do not plan to actively promote the On-line CBT at this time to ensure our scheduled in-person trainings are well attended as this gives applicators the best opportunity to ask questions, Attendance at our ND, SD, and MN meeting have been very well attended with more meeting planned through March.
- Technical support call center will also be available starting in late March to address product related questions via 1-844-RRXTEND
- As of today, the following list of states have accepted the on-line CBT as meeting the mandatory dicamba training requirement:
- AZ, CO, DE, MD, MI, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, VA, WI, WV
- Completion certificate will only be issued in states that have accepted the CBT
- In states that do NOT currently recognize our On-line CBT as meeting the mandatory dicamba training, we still encourage applicators to take the CBT for education purposes
- Should additional states accept the CBT at a future date, the CBT will be updated to allow the issuance of a completion certificate
- updates to come when ND, SD, and MN at the time theses states would accept the CBT for training